I am Elisey Mysin. I study at the Central Music School at the Moscow State Conservatory in the class of Professor Natalia Trull.
But I was born in the city of Stavropol. From the age of three I began to study music at the children’s music school № 1.
My first piano teacher was Ludmila Danilovna Tikhomirova, Honored Worker of Culture. When I met her, I was very young, I was not even four years old. She looked at my hand and said: Very good hand! We will try to study.
I remember my first lesson, how Ludmila Danilovna put my hand on the piano. She said that it should stand as if you were holding an apple in your hand, that the instrument had a soul and it can speak and sing.
And since then, I can’t imagine myself without playing my favorite instrument.
I am very grateful to Ludmila Danilovna, she taught me everything: listen to music and play it. This is my life now.
My acquaintance with piano music took place long before my birth. When I was under my mother’s heart, I heard what was happening around me. My older sister Lisa studied at the same music school to play the piano. And my mother told me that I always reacted differently to the sketches, sonatas and pieces my sister played – sometimes I froze, sometimes I moved actively. They went to classical music concerts. We always had music and I heard everything. And when I was born, the instrument was in our house.
I grew up with my sister’s classes and concerts. The instrument was always there. It was an old black big Kuban piano. In the family, we affectionately called him Muse-Josephine. And as soon as I could reach the keys I was always there for him. I touched the key with my finger and listened to this wonderful sound that this wonderful instrument made and seemed to me all around magical.
I think the grand piano is the king of all instruments. It’s always beautiful and elegant. It always sounds different. Quiet and loud, laughing and crying. It sounds like a graceful violin, a gentle flute, an important contrabass or little bells. You can play any kind of music on it, move through time and space without noticing anything around.
I really love to perform at big concerts and always look forward to my release. Thanks to the piano, I can acquaint the audience with the wonderful music of various composers, show what I can do. Share something wonderful, through music I can express my feelings and emotions. I think that all together we become one.
I really love to travel, learn something new, it impresses and inspires me and then I want to compose and improvise on my favorite instrument.
And wherever I am, I always hear music in my head and heart.
Some of my performances and awards:
- Finalist of the “Blue Bird” Russian TV Competition (Moscow, 2016)
- Laureate of the 1st award of the 5th International Youth Competition, “Where the art is born” (Krasnodar, 2017)
- Laureate of the “Astana Piano Passion” International Piano Youth Competition (Kazakhstan, 2017)
- Participant in the opening of the “Russian Seasons” International festival (Italy, 2018)
- Participant in the “The Amadeus Weekend” musical festival (Austria, 2018)
- Participant in the “Classical Young Stars” musical festival (Austria, 2018)
- Soloist in the A.B. Michelangeli International festival in the city of Trento (Italy, 2019)
- Laureate of the 1st award of the Vladimir Krainev young pianists online-competition (2021)
- Participant in the InClassica International Music Festival (Dubai, UAE 2021)
- Recipient of the Golden Parnassus main award at the XVIII International Piano Forum “Bieszczady bez granic” in Sanok (Poland, February 2022)
- The 1st prize at the 4th Zhuhai International Mozart competition for Young Piano Musicians (China, 2022)
- The 1st prize at the Robert Schumann Hochschule in Düsseldorf (Germany, 2023)
Repeatedly performed in the “Stars on Baikal” festival (Irkutsk, 2017-2021).
Performed concerts in the State Kremlin Palace, Tchaikovsky Concert Hall and Concert Hall “Zaryadye”.
Performed with the State Academic Symphony Orchestra “Evgeny Svetlanov”, National Symphony Orchestra, Vladimir Governor’s Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra of Leningrad oblast, Russian National Youth Symphony Orchestra and others.
Regular participant of projects coordinated by Denis Matsuev.
Starred in the film “All about my sister”, based on the stories by M. Zoshchenko (directed by Anna Chernakova, 2020).
Scholar of the “New Names” International Charitable Foundation.
YAMAHA scholarship holder.